great app!

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Thanks for the app!  I made some changes to make it a little more "idiot" proof, for myself and the admin team to use.  The config file now has enough fields to render the command line unnecessary, and it displays its messages (always in verbose) to a log file and to the screen regardless of configuration/input. 

After adding a whole new component to reset Identity Seed values, in case the number of records in the target table are less than the number of records in the source table, I tested it out and realized that SQL Server takes care of this for me(?).  I thought I would have to update them manually, like Oracle with Triggers and Sequences.  So, part of my updates were not needed.

Thanks again,

Ben

Coordinator
May 18, 2010 at 7:16 PM
Hi Ben, Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your comments, I'm glad you find it useful! The sql scripts generated by the tool will seed the identity values explicitly so no need to worry them (unless for some reason you wanted to allow sql server to generate them rather than taking them across). All of the configuration settings can already be set via the command line, or via the config file. The reason for making them settable via command line is useful for build scripts and automation. Mike